Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Soy-Free, but PACKED with summery flavor, this Coconut Almond Granola is a guaranteed new granola favorite.
We all know I’m no stranger to a food obsession. Once I find a flavor or ingredient that I love, I’m usually allllllllllll about it for weeks and weeks on end. And sometimes years and years, in the case of granola.
Right now, as you may have noticed (looking at YOU Almond Joy Bark and Coconut Dark Chocolate Truffles), I’m all about coconut and almonds (…and sweet potato hash and avocado, but those are different topics for a different day 😉 ).
So, OF COURSE, I had to weave a couple of my current obsessions into a new granola recipe. It’s basically the law of the land around here. You know: have food obsession → weave it into ultimate food obsession (granola) → obsess over the obsession wrapped in an obsession.
Sweet potato hash granola, you’re next! KIDDING. (…or am I?….)
In an attempt to really satisfy my cravings/obsessions for all things almond and coconut, I packed as much of both as I possibly could into one little recipe.
Almonds: Sliced, slivered, rough-chopped, and buttered.
Coconut: Oil, flakes, shreds and extract.
Whoever said there can be too much of a good thing has clearly never tasted this Coconut Almond Granola.
And, get ready for this….
BIG WORDS coming at you…
This might be the best granola recipe I have ever made to date.
Yes, ever. Zero hyperbole, ever.
While I love all of my granolas with an unhealthy amount of passion, I’ve always had a slight preference for my cinnamon nut granola, but those days are GONE. I now have a clear favorite – this Coconut Almond Granola.
I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing this granola tastes sprinkled on just about everything: [dairy-free] yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, ice cream, almond butter toast ( ← TRY IT!) and on and on.
If you want a little Almond Joy flair (which I’m all about right now) add some chocolate chips into the mix once the granola has cooled. Or, heck, even melt some and then drizzle it all over the granola before you break it up into chunks. Just make sure you let the chocolate set first, otherwise things could get a little messy 😉
- 1 ½ cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup rough-chopped whole almonds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon*
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut flakes, shredded coconut, salt, and cinnamon (if using).
- In a smaller bowl, stir almond butter, melted coconut oil, and honey together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until evenly combined. Spread the granola out on the baking sheet, making an even, thin layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown.
- Once the granola is done, allow it to cool on the pan WITHOUT STIRRING. Once cool, break into chunks and enjoy!