Moist, rich, and unbelievably tender – Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the epitome of fall comfort food!
Things I am obsessed with the most these days:
- Nap Time
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (ok, pumpkin everything, really)
And one is a direct result of the other.
I never quite understood the glimmer you’d see in a mom’s eye when she spoke the words “nap time” until approximately 35 days ago (…but who’s counting? 😉 ). While I’m absolutely relishing every second I get to spend at home with our sweet boy, he doesn’t really seem to care for naps too much, which hasn’t left time for, well, anything.
….Other than feeding, baby talk, tummy time, and diaper changes of course.
So when he DOES go down for a nap? This mama throws on an apron and gets as many gluten-free pumpkin bread loaves in the oven as humanly possible.
Because: fall, white girl, pumpkin. You feel me?
Yeah, yeah. I know. There’s that wise age-old advice of “napping when baby naps.” I get that way of thinking, but kindly, you haven’t had my pumpkin bread… yet.
No amount of sleep deprivation can keep this glorious pumpkin loaf out of my mind, oven, and belly. And that’s saying something coming from a woman who absolutely cannot function on less than 9 hours of sleep per day, but who hasn’t seen more than about 6 hours in the aforementioned 35 days.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread > Mama Naps. It’s been scientifically proven [by yours truly].
You have never, and I PROMISE, n-e-v-e-r had a pumpkin bread this moist, tender, and rich before in your life, gluten-free or gluten-full. Just like my gluten-free banana bread recipe, this pumpkin bread is guaranteed to fool even the greatest gluten-free skeptics in your life.
I’ve tested this extensively.
- Serve to unknowing skeptics
- Wait for the ohhing and ahhing
- Revel in the oohing and ahhing
- Tell them it’s gluten-free, by the way 😉
- Watch the jaws drop
- 🙂 🙂 🙂
The best part? It makes a wonderful stand in for a birthday cake. Also tested and confirmed, thanks to the best birthday gift my baby boy could have given me yesterday – a 1 hour nap (!!!!!) – which was just enough time to pop a loaf into the oven.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! <3
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend (+ ¾ t. Xanthun gum if your flour blend doesn't include it)
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9inch x 5inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease on all sides.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree. Beat in egg. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, xanthun gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, then mix into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and decoratively top with chocolate chips.
- Let the dough REST at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan and transferring to a cooking rack. Let the bread cool for at least 30 minutes total before cutting and serving.